1. What exactly are cookies?
A cookie is a small “encrypted text file” stored on your computer by a website to give you a unique ID. Cookies help make it easier and faster for you to use our website because it can remember if you have visited the website, and they help us provide you with the information you need about your shopping activity or account details – when and where you need it.
Cookies do not contain information that can personally identify you. A cookie generated by our website only contains a numeric ID that, for example, allows you to retrieve your account details or shopping list. Cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information.
2. How cookies are used?
3. What types of cookies are employed on this website?
There are two types of cookies that may be used during your visit to Ounce Jewellery website:
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookie files, which are erased when you close your browser. These cookies are used to identify users between page loads. This allows our website to remember certain settings, like which items a user has added to the basket. Without session cookies, the website would forget which items you placed in your shopping bag and you would not be able to buy anything.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies remember your preference and behaviour and help us personalise your shopping experience. Persistent cookies remain on your browser until they expire automatically after a set time period, unless you delete them yourself.
Third party analytics and other cookies of Ounce Jewellery partners with third party companies may also be used on our website for marketing and advertising purposes, for example Google Analytics, Google Ad Services, Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. These cookies allow us to make more informed decisions about what our customers want from us. Third party companies may employ a mixture of both session and persistent cookies. Any information that they collect is anonymous.
4. Can cookies be controlled or deleted?
Most browsers accept cookies by default, however you can alter your browser settings to not accept cookies or delete the cookies from your system. You can, if you prefer, set up your internet browser to not accept cookies. You should still be able to use our website without having cookies enabled but this may reduce your overall online shopping experience with us and affect the website performance.
*Last update:July 2017